• Senior Compliance Officer with FSCO
• BDM for Ottawa with Desjardins
To see the full job postings, go to the Careers section under About IMBA.
- I’m writing to you to express my personal testimonial for Bob Salisbury as the instructor for the mortgage agent course. Right off the get-go I was impressed with the setup of the classroom to the warm reception every day from the IMBA personnel on-site. As a professional running my own business I find myself at times holding certain standards – Bob did an upstanding job in articulating the course material, as well as providing real life scenarios relating to the course materials. Bob was patient and totally dedicated in ensuring that everyone was understanding the material and moved the class at an appropriate speed to effectively have all of the course material completed and being prepared for the exam. I would recommend Bob as an ongoing instructor for the mortgage agent course and feel very comfortable in recruiting others who may be thinking of a career as a mortgage agent to definitely enroll with IMBA. Thanks again.
- The 2015 Annual Conference & Trade Show was the first IMBA Trade Show I have ever attended. I thought the venue was excellent, the event planners did a fantastic job, and the lunch was a fantastic touch, and professionally delivered.
And now for the most important part – The Lenders' Den! All three panels were fantastic. The panelists were very knowledgeable, I picked up some essential knowledge, and some things I even forgot about! I met many interesting lenders and associates. I will definitely come back in 2016!
- Becoming a member of IMBA has been extremely beneficial to the growth of our business. From a lender standpoint, the events and symposiums showcased throughout the year allow us to better connect with our business partners and share ideas in very comfortable settings. The events are always well organized and relevant. Thanks to the IMBA team for always being professional, courteous, and extremely helpful.
- IMBA's mission is to be strong advocates at the Provincial level to continue to work on an equal playing field for anyone involved in the brokering of mortgages, no matter where they work and to work with all of the great lender partners that are in the industry to ensure that IMBA members have access to the best products and rates available to consumers today. IMBA also advocates on behalf of IMBA members' customers to ensure that their best interests are always considered before placing them into any mortgage product.
- An organization which truly advocates and carries a strong voice for the brokers/agents it represents.. The leadership team at IMBA executes on its vision and readily consider the concern/voice of its members. I am proud to be part of IMBA and to see the momentum it has garnered over the years. keep up the great work IMBA.
- IMBA is truly a wonderful Association that is dedicated to being the Provincial voice of the Mortgage Broker and Agent in Ontario. As a long standing member of this Association I can truly say that IMBA has provided my with true value. I look forward to exciting new initiatives that I believe will elevate the profile of being an IMBA member.
- IMBA is truly an association for the brokers.
A true association which focuses on the issues that concerns my brokerage and my colleagues.
Their affordable membership provides the right value along with many network opportunities.
I am proud to be a member of IMBA!
- My vision for IMBA is a joint voice for Ontario brokers, I think every agent and broker in Ontario should want to be part of IMBA. With such a unified voice, policy makers would have no choice but to listen to what we have to say. Numbers equal power.
- I am a proud member of IMBA because I share this associations belief in further education of mortgage agents in Ontario and better representation on a national level. We need mortgage agents in Ontario became IMBA members, so that we would have more authority to affect change to lending policy and consumer awareness. Every member counts. Join IMBA.
- IMBA’s Mortgage Agent Course was not only an investment in my education, but also an invaluable investment in my career!
The curriculum was relevant, practical and thorough. It emphasized realistic and ethical practices that gave me the knowledge and confidence I needed.
The teacher was a practicing Agent who gave real world scenarios to further my understanding of how the information could be applied in the field.
I highly recommend the IMBA Mortgage Agent’s course for anyone contemplating entering the industry.
- We have participated in IMBA Trade Shows since Optimum Mortgage launched in Ontario (back in September of 2008).
I continue to be very impressed—not only by the professionalism and knowledge of the organizers, but by the number and diversity of attendees. From a lender perspective, I strongly believe in the overall benefits of being involved in this annual event. We have found that our participation has been especially beneficial in strengthening our overall level of brand awareness in Ontario.
The quality of presenters, the variety of break-out sessions, and the Trade Show itself result in a very worthwhile event. From my perspective, this is a ‘value-added’ event for anyone looking to expand their market share, increase their awareness of opportunities available, and build on their brand
I would, without reservation, recommend participation and attendance in the annual IMBA Trade Show. I look forward to a long and mutually rewarding relationship with the association itself, and the Trade Show in particular.
- WOW! What a difference the online course makes at a different institution. The online slides proved to be more user friendly and very detailed. Unlike the previous course I was enrolled in, IMBA displayed two options on how to calculate many different scenarios. I obtained a better understanding of the calculations and the breakdown on how to achieve the correct answer. I cannot express enough how great the staff is as well. Christina Cruz was especially great at helping accommodate me in my unique situation.
You get the feeling that they genuinely care about you and are there for aid in your academic achievement. Although I have now passed the course and I am on my way to being a registered agent, Christina’s door has remained open for any questions and concerns I may still have. The learning never stops at IMBA. I encourage others interested in this field of work to register with IMBA, the learning experience was certainly a cut above the rest.
- I thoroughly enjoyed this course (IMBA's Mortgage Agent Course) and am looking forward to put my newly gained knowledge to work. The course was well presented, easy to follow and engaging. The interactive examples make the course material easier to grasp. I definitely recommend this course to anyone who wishes to start an exciting new career.
The assistance which I received from the staff (Christina Cruz) was excellent. She was very accommodating and pleasant to work with and I truly enjoyed our collaboration.
- Just a quick thank you to the organizers of the Snowfest up in Collingwood. Freezing temperatures, but warm hospitality for sure. The 3 on 3 pond hockey was a blast. Special thanks to Petra and Lou!
- IMBA is truly an organization that follows through and delivers on its mandate for the advancement of the brokerage industry for its members. They organize & host terrific networking events, some of the best in the industry. Their Affinity Program provides true value for its members and their staff who work behind the scenes are always available if you need any assistance. I look forward to IMBA growing and playing an even larger role in the brokerage industry. I would encourage all Brokers/Agents to become members and to take advantage of all that IMBA has to offer.
- I took my mortgage agent license through the Independent Mortgage Brokers Association (IMBA) last year. From my first inquiry I received great customer service and had all my questions and concerns addressed. My choice to go with IMBA was clear. I had a enriching experience with my classmates and with the professor whom I still continue to reach out to. I value what IMBA does for the mortgage industry and look forward to attending IMBA events for continued education and networking with lenders and peers.
- The legal representation is phenomenal. I used their services last year, their legal counsel went to bat for me last year for a traffic violation and won. The process was seamless, and best of all, I didn't have to spend any time in court. Which meant more time to service my clients! For anyone considering an IMBA membership, take my word for it, this value-add alone more than pays for itself.
- I am proud member of the association and always request my agents to become member of the association.
Sorry, that page does not exist.